When it comes to outdoor activities, a reliable cooler is a must-have for keeping food and drinks fresh and cool. With so many brands and models available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your needs.
In this article, we will be taking an in-depth look at two popular options: the YETI Roadie 24 and the RTIC 20. Both are known for their durability, ice retention, and overall quality, but which one is the better choice?
We’ll compare their features, capacity, and value for money to help you make an informed decision. Whether you’re planning a day trip, a camping adventure, or just need a reliable cooler for your backyard, the YETI Roadie 24 vs RTIC 20 comparison will help you take the right decision.
Overview of YETI Roadie 24
The YETI Roadie 24 is the perfect addition to your outdoor adventures, whether it’s a camping trip, a beach day, or a tailgate party. This incredible cooler is designed to make your life easier and more enjoyable, with a range of features that make it stand out from the competition.
First of all, the Roadie 24 is 10% lighter in weight than its predecessor, making it even easier to transport wherever you need to go.
At the same time, it holds an impressive 20% more than the Roadie 20, which means you can pack even more drinks, food, and ice inside.
And thanks to its superior thermal performance, it’s able to keep everything inside colder for longer, with a 30% improvement over previous models.
Another good thing about the Roadie 24 is its taller build, which allows you to store a standard bottle of wine or a 2-liter bottle upright.
This is a big improvement over previous models, as it means you can pack your cooler more efficiently and avoid spills and messes.
And if you’re taking the cooler on the road, it’s a perfect fit behind the driver’s or passenger’s seat in your car.
Another key feature of this cooler is its ROTOMOLDED CONSTRUCTION. This technology has evolved to make the cooler thinner and lighter-weight, without compromising on toughness or durability. This means you can easily transport the cooler from place to place, without worrying about it getting damaged or worn out.
For quick, easy access to your drinks and food, the Roadie 24 comes equipped with a QUICKLATCH. This feature is flexible, simple, and built for one-handed access, so you can quickly grab what you need without fussing around with complicated latches or clasps.
So, just how much can you pack inside the Roadie 24? Well, it’s designed to hold up to 31 cans with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio, or a whopping 26 lbs of ice on its own. This means you can keep everything inside icy cold for days on end, even in the hottest temperatures.
Overview of RTIC 20
The RTIC 20 is a great option for anyone in need of a smaller, more compact cooler for personal use. While it may not hold as much as the YETI Roadie 24, it still offers an impressive capacity, with room for up to 24 cans plus ice. This makes it perfect for taking to work, on a camping trip, or out on a fishing expedition.
You will like its heavy-duty stainless steel handle, which is designed to lock upright for easy one-handed carrying. This means you can easily transport the cooler wherever you need to go, without worrying about it being too heavy or cumbersome.
Despite its smaller size, the RTIC 20 is still a very practical cooler for everyday use. It’s able to keep your food and drinks colder for longer, which is especially important when you’re out in the heat all day. And while it may be slightly heavier than the YETI Roadie 24, at 19 pounds, it’s still very manageable for most people.
One thing to keep in mind when considering the RTIC 20 is that it comes with a one-year warranty, which is shorter than the warranty offered by some other coolers on the market. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the cooler is any less durable or reliable than other models.
Key Differences Between these Cooler Models
The YETI Roadie 24 and RTIC 20 cooler have several key differences:
- Size: The YETI Roadie 24 is taller and wider than the RTIC 20, and also has a larger capacity. The Roadie 24 can hold up to 33 cans with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio, or 26 pounds of just ice, while the RTIC 20 can hold up to 24 cans plus ice.
- Weight: The YETI Roadie 24 is significantly lighter than the RTIC 20. The Roadie 24 weighs only 13.1 pounds, while the RTIC 20 weighs 19 pounds.
- Warranty: The YETI Roadie 24 comes with a 5-year warranty, while the RTIC 20 comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Price: The RTIC 20 is comparatively cheaper than the YETI Roadie 24.
- Design and Features: The YETI Roadie 24 has a taller build than its predecessor and is designed to accommodate up to 33 cans. It also has Rotomolded construction which is evolved to be thinner and lighter-weight for easier transport, while still incredibly tough, and a Quicklatch feature for quick, one-handed cooler access. The RTIC 20, on the other hand, comes with a heavy-duty stainless steel handle that locks upright for easy one-handed carrying.
Similarities in Roadie 24 and RTIC 20 Cooler
Despite their differences, the YETI Roadie 24 and RTIC 20 are both high-quality coolers that offer excellent performance and value. Here are some similarities between these coolers:
- Functionality: Both coolers are designed to keep food and drink colder for longer periods of time, making them ideal for outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, or fishing.
- Portability: Both coolers are designed with portability in mind, and are equipped with handles for easy carrying.
- Durability: Both coolers are designed with tough, hard-sided construction that is designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions.
- Practicality: Both coolers are highly practical and can be used for everyday purposes such as taking to work, on road trips, or to the beach.
Verdict – Which Cooler to Buy?
When deciding between the YETI Roadie 24 and RTIC 20 cooler, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and needs.
If you prioritize a larger capacity, a longer warranty, and a lighter weight, the YETI Roadie 24 may be the better option. Its taller build allows for upright storage of standard bottles, and its Quicklatch feature allows for quick, one-handed cooler access. However, the YETI Roadie 24 is more expensive than the RTIC 20.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a more affordable option, and do not mind a slightly smaller capacity, then the RTIC 20 Cooler may be the better choice. It is still a high-quality cooler that can hold up to 24 cans plus ice, and its heavy-duty stainless steel handle allows for easy one-handed carrying.